The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, February 18, 2011

August 1734, Maryland

August 4, 1734- My sixth great granduncle, Thomas Luckett, dies at the age of 45 in Charles County, Maryland.
The son of Samuel Luckett & Elizabeth Hussey, Thomas was born at the head of Portobacco Creek in 1688. He was a member of the Church of England. Thomas married Sarah Boone, daughter of John Boone and Elizabeth Beaven. Sarah was a member of the Catholic family of Boone in Charles County.

Thomas Luckett died intestate, and in accordance with the customs of the times, letters of administration were issued to his widow Sarah Luckett. On August 14, 1734, William Middleton and William Hagan exhibited bond in court. His brothers, Ignatius Luckett and Thomas Hussey Luckett, as the kinsmen, certified on December 3, 1734, to the inventory appraised at L104/5/9, by James Middleton. By 1737 his widow had married William Semmes.  

("The Lucketts of Portobacco" by Harry Wright Newman, 1938.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.